Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finally! Graduated as Bachelor of Arts major in Accounting and Finance with SECOND CLASS (lower) from University of Greenwich 2+0 in SEGi University. Remember I posted my diploma achievement few years back and today I post my degree achievement. Again my efforts invested in this tertiary studies is over. Now is just to wait for ROI - Return On Investment. Currently struggle in a dilemma whether should I continue my professional studies to get myself qualified in ACCA.
No one should claim himself/herself as an accountant if he/she does not qualified from ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CPA and other national bodies such as MIA etc. Only qualified accountant has the authority to sign the accounts of the company. To be an auditor or to be tax agent, professional qualification is essential. It's like a licence to practice accounting/audit/tax practice. Anyone can do accounts and tax computation but he/she has no authority to sign it. If your aunt/uncle claim themselves as accountant, ask them whether he member of which accounting body. Well back to my question, should I continue my ACCA? I'm dying to work now in audit firm to gain my experience. What's my call? If I work 2 years and take 1 year off to finish off my 5 papers to get qualified then what's next? Will I be going back to audit line? By that time do I still need this qualification? Wow this is so complicating. People and seniors who experienced in this adviced me not to work and study at the same time. You will be drained and squeezed. Oh well..I need DIRECTION!

No comments: