Thursday, October 04, 2012

Language Barrier

I'm not a person who can speak good English. English is an international language where everyone can communicate with each other instead of speaking own dialects or country's official language. In today's competitive world, command in English is essential for everyone to communicate with same language. I've went to an interview recently for my job search, interviewer told me you have good command in English which is an advantage to me because the people that he interviewed, none of them can speak English well. I just wondering why do they still get the job or getting hired? Another instance that I want to share where the course that I'm attending right now. Presentation, presentation, presentation and presentation. Everyday presentation. From here, I realised presenters can't speak well in English and I just wonder whether they can even get a job in this competitive environment nowadays.Yes, knowledge and skills is one advantage but the language which is an essential methods to communicate to people is weak. Therefore, I took an opportunity to speak out after my presentation to motivate them not to give up on English and also their presentation skills. Of all the presentations that I've presented, comment by the trainers "good", "awesome" etc. So why am I still haven't got a job till today? This is weird isn't? I have even broaden my options to smaller firms. Still no firms want to hire me. Why is this so? I am willing to learn from bottom though I may not be competent and productive for the first few months. This doesn't mean I won't perform in the future. The key is 'willing to learn' where all firms are looking for. Yes I am willing to learn. Now my question back to the employer, "are you willing to teach and give me an opportunity to join the force?" What I need at this point in time is just a chance from the firms. If you giving me a chance, I am sure to say that I will commit and perform quickly within my abilities and my strengths. 

No comments: